Sunday, February 6, 2011

Valentine's Necklace Tute

 


I have found I am having so much fun making these washer necklaces.



I adored this one so much but I ruined it when I tried to drill through the ribbon.
So I made an even bigger one. LOL I'll show ya at the end.


First take the washer of your choice. And prep the Dremel with right bit.


I wanted ajump ring on mine so that's why I'm doing this. As you can see below
You do not have to drill a hole, you can just string it on ribbon.


Choose your ribbon and add your jump ring.


 
Then you start wrapping.


Then add a strip of Liquid stitch to hold the end down, trim if needed.


Here is what the two look like I worked on today.


I loved these cute hearts so I wanted to add some deminsion to it.

I sprayed it with a top coat to make sure the hearts stay in place.



I think I may have my very first giveaway with one of these cuties!!
Do you think I should?

Thanks for stoppin by. I hope you like 'em!







   

10 comments:

  1. Very cute! It seems pretty simple too.

    Just found your blog through the blog hop! Have a great day.

    Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute!!!
    HI I am Brooke and I am your newest follower!!! Hope you can come follow back! Brooke
    brookedouglass@yahoo.com
    http://girlboygirlinspired.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! New follower through the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! Thanks for linking up today :) http://www.lovelycraftyhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are really cute -- what a clever idea! I think they would make for a fun giveaway as well :-)

    Marie
    bonkersinbarnhart.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw your post on Under the Table and Dreaming. Your necklaces are SO cute!!!

    Stephanie @ redberrycrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your unique take on recycling washers into necklaces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. super cute! found you on sew much ado :) Stop by sometime!
    miamoodesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. D'you know, you're a better man than I, girl. I read this post with delight and totally plan on doing these pendants (my fabric of choice would be black lace which I have way too much of for some obscure reason!), but I just tiptoed out without having the decency to comment. I think your lovely, inspiring comment will serve as a proper kick up my backside in future! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Nikki, I love everything about this, the simplicity, the price, the way it looks. My girl would love making this, and you made it look so darn easy.

    SO I HAD TO FEATURE YOU. Come check out your post in my new sidebar section, you will be there until next week girl.

    Thanks for linking up to **Amaze me August** @ Bella Before and After, I really appreciate the support girl.

    Make sure you link up this week, I'm trying to reach 100 link ups, and help me by giving me some feedback with some things.

    Hugs,
    Bella :)

    ReplyDelete