Sunday, February 27, 2011

Another Skirt to Purse Design

Ok I am finding way too many skirts that I want to make into purses.
I may just have to open an Etsy shop before i'm done!! LOL

Here I found a cute green skort.


Here is the belt that becomes the strap.


Need to cut off the crotch area and zip across with machine.


Then sew the strap on. It's really thick so you could hand sew or like me,
 I sew as far as I can and then add liquid stitch.


Finished product.




I'm a horrible model and I seriously need to find someone I can show these on well.





I will try to add better pictures soon.

There ya have it though simple enough!!








5 comments:

  1. very cute. it looks like these make nice roomy bags.

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe that you're doing these too! I have been making purses from skirts for a few months now. I guess great minds think alike. Here is a dress to a purse - http://craftygeordi.blogspot.com/2011/02/greek-muumuu-and-my-styx-tee.html
    I hope that you will link your project to my Show and Share linky party, going on all week. http://craftygeordi.blogspot.com/2011/02/show-and-share-sunday_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post has been nominated for the Best in Show Award this week! Be sure to vote! Congratulations and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a great model!!! Those are really, really great. I never wear skirts, I should run to the thrift store and find a cute one to do! Or... you should just open up your Etsy Shop!!! That would be waaaaaay easier for me! jules

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this information about Design a Purse.
    To know about Design a Purse visit us our site BuildaBagStore.Com

    ReplyDelete